An absolute crowd favorite! Served in warm tortillas with crispy bacon, potatoes, scrambled eggs and your favorite toppings!
Oh-so-crisp bacon strips, golden brown potatoes, and perfectly cheesy scrambled eggs all tucked in a warm tortilla. It’s simply perfect for breakfast (and lunch and dinner) as it comes together pretty quickly, using one skillet for everything.
And yes, you can cook your potatoes right in the bacon fat (my favorite part), but if you want to go meatless, you can skip the bacon altogether and use a bit of vegetable oil instead.
Once your potatoes are done, you can scramble up your eggs to your desired consistency. I like mine a little bit on the softer side but you can absolutely make it work to your liking (and cook longer/shorter as needed).
From there, go ahead and wrap those bad boys up and top with a little bit of pico de gallo, cheese and cilantro. Breakfast will never be the same ever again.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Tortillas, warmed
- Pico de gallo
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving excess fat in the skillet.
- Add potatoes to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until golden brown and crisp, about 12-14 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Melt butter in the skillet; add eggs, and cook, stirring occasionally, until they just begin to set. Stir in cheese and continue cooking until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, about 3-5 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve bacon, potatoes and eggs in tortillas with desired toppings.