Easy Taco Soup
THE BEST taco soup ever! So hearty, so cozy and incredibly budget-friendly. Makes a big batch too – perfect for freezing!
Fall leaves. Pumpkin-spiced coffee drinks. Chunky sweaters. And taco soup. These are just some of the best parts of fall, right?
Not to mention, the coziest, heartiest taco soup ever, loaded with ground beef, onion, bell peppers and taco seasoning, of course.
This recipe makes a big batch too so its perfect for freezing.
That way you can have taco soup night anytime, anywhere.
When ready to serve, be sure to add in all of your favorite toppings.
Shredded cheese, avocado, and tortilla chips are just a few of my favorites.
Easy Taco Soup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning
- ¾ cup frozen corn
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat canola oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Add onion and bell peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in diced tomatoes & green chilies, black beans, kidney beans, beef stock and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until flavors have blended, about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in corn until heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper, to taste.*
- Serve immediately.